About Samuel Volin
Programming is more than a skill, it is a craft.
Good software is not conceived, it is developed over time, preferably by a team of dedicated and passionate friends, and with an eye towards overarching design and flexibility. Software engineering is about studying the trade-offs and nuances of the tools at your disposal, and becoming fearless in the face of the technical unknown. Through gradual practice and research, mastery is attainable.
I am a professional Software Developer, currently residing in Boulder, Colorado. I am passionate about mathematics, functional programming, software engineering, polyglot programming and developer operations. I have navigated fulfillment of FIPS 140-2 requirements for a project. I have broken monoliths into microservices. I have shoveled legacy code into tested & automated nightly builds and all of it again in night mode.
- I am currently employed at LogRhythm
- I am a Programmer, Mathematician, Rad Dude & Your Friend
- I like to ski in the winter and ride my bike in the summer
- I listen to French disco music on mixcloud
- I enjoy cooking large meals for my friends
- Software Engineer, LogRhythm (2016 - present)
- Software Engineering Intern, LogRhythm (2015-2016)
- Student Assistant, OIT Network Security & Information Risk (2013-2015)
- University of Colorado at Boulder (2012-2016)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics
- Overland High School (2009-2012)
- (attended) ElixirConf - September 2017, Bellevue, WA
- (observed) EthDenver Hackathon - February 2018, Denver CO
- (participated) Money 20/20 Hackathon - October 2015, Las Vegas NV
- (won 🥈) HackCU 2015 Hackathon - April 2015, Boulder CO
- (won 🥉) Coinorado Bitcoin Hackathon - November 2014, Boulder CO